At Meadow Springs Primary School we believe learning is enhanced in a welcoming, inclusive, collaborative and caring environment. The Student Dress Code essentially creates a sense of community, identity and safety for all students. Our aim is to provide a learning environment that is supportive, positive, non- discriminatory, equitable and safe. The wearing of school dress code enhances school pride and a positive image of our school. It identifies our students ensuring their safety throughout the school day and whilst on excursions.
Students are required to adhere to the School Dress Code. Uniforms can be purchased from Perm-A-Pleat, Unit 2 / 76 Reserve Drive, MANDURAH.
Students are required to adhere to the following policy.
- The School Dress Code colours are navy blue, ochre and grey.
- Navy blue shorts or zena skirt.
- Navy blue pants.
- Meadow Springs Primary School polo shirt.
- Meadow Springs Primary School jacket.
- Meadow Springs Primary School dress
- Meadow Springs PS Faction Shirt (Faction Fridays and Carnivals only)
- Footwear – sport shoes appropriate for physical education and sport.
- Meadow Springs Navy blue hat for K – 6 students. (Must be worn out doors at all times).
- Hair must be tied back, neat and tidy, off the face, natural in tone and style
- Only the following jewellery items are permitted:
- One small gold or silver single stud/small ring per ear;
- One unobtrusive finger ring
- One administration approved necklace/bracelet
- One wrist watch
Items NOT permitted
School Dress Code does not include the following items. As such they should NOT be worn to school:
- Makeup and coloured nail polish are not permitted. (Students will be required to remove this at school).
- Fingernails must be kept short for safety reasons
- Hair must not be brightly coloured, have patterned shaving or mow hawked etc.
- Denim (including jeans).
- Snap pants, Leggings etc.
- Thong type footwear except on medical grounds accompanied by a written note to class teacher from
- Parent/caregiver or during swimming lessons
- No temporary hair colours except for sports carnivals or excessive hair adornments.
- Large earrings, spacer ear rings etc.
- For safety reasons, other visible body piercings are not permitted.
- No excessive or valuable jewelry for safety and security reasons.
- No brand names or logos larger than 50mm in diameter.
If attending a school excursion, all students are expected to wear approved school uniform. Students arriving at school without the approved uniform will be expected to wear items of clean clothing provided by the school or remain at school and not participate in the excursion. Students representing our school at sporting carnivals and activities are to wear our school team uniform where necessary e.g. soccer/football guernsey, netball bibs etc.
Casual days are held to support community fundraising activities. Students are expected to wear casual clothing in accordance with our Sun smart policy and safety requirements allowing them to fully participate in the daily educational activities e.g. enclosed sports shoes.
Uniforms are available from:
Unit 2 / 76 Reserve Drive, Mandurah WA 6210
Phone: (08) 9500 3036
Tuesday-Friday: 9am to 5pm
Thursday: 10am to 6pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm